Prepare, Maintain and Test Response Equipment - $150
- (PUAEQU001B) Prepare, Maintain and Test Response Equipment
- Students must have the language, literacy, numeracy (LLN) and physical capabilities to meet the performance criteria of this unit. (For further information or if you have any concerns regarding LLN and/or physical capabilities please contact the office)
- Students must wear standard work wear, enclosed safety shoes, long shirt and pants.
- Where: Unit 2, 84 Solomon Road, Jandakot WA 6164.
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Group bookings are available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 94178888 for pricing and site requirements. Up to 10 participants per group.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and wallet sized card for:
- PUAEQU001B Prepare, Maintain and Test Response Equipment
This nationally recognised course, Prepare, maintain and test response equipment is aimed to provide participants who are responsible for the inspecting and testing of height safety equipment the skills and knowledge required to competently inspect, test, detect faults and to determine remedial action. Our course is based in accordance with the requirements of AS1891.4: Industrial Fall Arrest Systems and Devices – Section 9: Selection, Maintenance and Storage. Current Legislation AS1891.4 requires all height safety equipment (e.g. harnesses, lanyards, fall arrest devices, ropes and slings) be inspected at intervals not exceeding 6 months by a competent person.
This Unit is for participants who are required to inspect, test and detect faults in height safety equipment and determine the corrective action.
There are no pre-requisites for this training but STP recommends that the participant have a current Safe Working at Height certificate.
Face to face
Participants must have the ability to read and write English and be able to perform practical and theoretical assessment as required.
- Course introduction and enrolment
- Reference documents / legislation
- Statistics of working at height
- Service & inspection requirements
- How to inspect equipment for damage / suitability
- Harnesses, Lanyards and Associated Personal Equipment
- Ropes and Slings
- Fall Arrest Devices
- Inspection documentation
- Remedial Action
- Assessment of student’s competence