Working at Height – $250
- (RIIWHS204D) Work Safely at Height
- Students must have the language, literacy, numeracy (LLN) and physical capabilities to meet the performance criteria of this unit. (For further information or if you have any concerns regarding LLN and/or physical capabilities please contact the office)
- Students must wear standard work wear, enclosed safety shoes, long shirt and pants.
- Where: Unit 2, 84 Solomon Road, Jandakot WA 6164.
- Duration: 1 day
- Group bookings are available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 94178888 for pricing and site requirements. Up to 10 participants per group.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and wallet sized card for:
- RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
Work Safely at Heights is aimed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to work safely at height. It includes: identifying the height safety hazard, correctly inspecting and donning a harness as well as performing work at heights. Generating a JSA and rescue plan for the practical scenarios are also conducted.
This Unit is recommended for participants who are required to work at height, especially those who may be required to stand-by on scaffolding, EWP or large equipment.
There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
Face to face
Participants must have the ability to read and write English and be able to perform practical and theoretical assessment as required.
- Induction and enrolment
- Reference documents / legislation
- Statistics for working at height
- Energy absorbers
- Correct inspection and donning of Harnesses
- Fall arrest devices
- Roles and responsibilities of key personnel
- Identification of risks and suitable controls
- Fall Injury Prevention Systems (FIPS)
- Estimating safe fall distances / clearances
- Emergency procedures
- Anchor point requirements
- Safe use of ladders
- Practical exercises (various height applications)
- Assessment of students’ competence