Confined Space Refresher - $200 or ($380 combined with Working at Heights Refresher)
- (RIIWHS202D) Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- (MSMPER205) Enter Confined Space
- (MSMPER200) Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS : PARTICIPANTS MUST HOLD A STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT FOR CONFINED SPACE ISSUED WITHIN THE LAST 5 YEARS OR HAVE CURRENT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Students must have the language, literacy, numeracy (LLN) and physical capabilities to meet the performance criteria of this unit. (For further information or if you have any concerns regarding LLN and/or physical capabilities please contact the office)
- Students must wear standard work wear, enclosed safety shoes, long shirt and pants.
- Where: Unit 2, 84 Solomon Road, Jandakot WA 6164.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Group bookings are available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 94178888 for pricing and site requirements. Up to 10 participants per group.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and wallet sized card for:
- MSMPER205 Enter Confined Space
- MSMPER200 WIAW and Issued Permit
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Space
The Confined Space refresher course is for participants who have current Industry Experience or who have previously undertaken Confined Space training within the last 5 years and need to refresh their knowledge and skills. This training course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to work in confined spaces.
This course is for participants working in any industry including mining, construction and manufacturing who need to refresh their knowledge and skills
There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
Face to face with pre-reading
Participants must have the ability to read and write English and be able to perform practical and theoretical assessment as required.
- Induction and enrolment
- Reference documents / legislation
- Statistics for confined space
- Correct identification of a Confined Space as per AS 2865:2009
- Risk management concepts / risk assessments
- Hazards identification and the hierarchy of hazard control
- Roles and responsibilities of key personnel
- Hazardous atmospheres
- Workplace exposure standards
- Use of fall protection / rescue equipment
- First aid appreciation
- Fire protection awareness
- Entry permits
- Emergency procedures
- Assessment of students’ competence
- Practical exercise