WIAW an Issued Permit – $150
(MSMPER200) Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
- Students must have the language, literacy, numeracy (LLN) and physical capabilities to meet the performance criteria of this unit. (For further information or if you have any concerns regarding LLN and/or physical capabilities please contact the office)
- Students must wear standard work wear, enclosed safety shoes, long shirt and pants.
- Where: Unit 2, 84 Solomon Road, Jandakot WA 6164
- Duration: 2 hours or 4 hours combined with Issue Work Permits and Conduct Hazard Analysis
- This unit applies to persons who are required to conduct work activities under the authority of an issued permit to work and within the context and requirements of that permit. This typically applies to all work done by maintenance staff and contractors and also to any other non-process work performed on the plant.
Note: This course is a pre-requisite for Confined Space Training and is usually clustered with this course.
This Unit is recommended for participants who are required to conduct work activities under an issued permit to work.
There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
Face to face
Participants must have the ability to read and write English and be able to perform practical and theoretical assessment as required.
- Induction and enrolment
- Apply for permits – Confirm the scope and location of the work to be done; identify the need for a work permit(s) for the work to be carried out; identify the type of permit required; collate information required for the issue of the permit; apply for the permit
- Identify the scope of the permit- Check that work to be done complies with the permit type; check the scope and location of the work comply with the permit issued; check the hazard controls specified on the permit are consistent with the hazard analysis; check preparations specified on the permit have been completed; sign onto/receive the permit
- Prepare for permitted work- Maintain safe working conditions and environment by using available isolation procedures, safety equipment and emergency procedures; monitor plant conditions and hazards to ensure work under the permit remains safe; ensure that appropriate safety equipment and clothing are selected and worn as required by the permit and relevant procedures; inspect work area to ensure safety and compliance with permit requirements and procedures
- Work in accordance with an issued permit- Use required hazard reduction/control measures; comply with requirements of the permit including safety observer if required; display issued permit on work site as required; ensure compliance with scope, location and timeframe specified in the permit or seek re-authorisation as required; suspend job and make site safe before leaving job; formally seek and receive authorised extensions to the permit when required; give end of day status report to permit issuer
- Complete permit(s) to work- Obtain new permit(s) or having existing permit(s) revalidated before work is recommenced; check the work conducted against the issued permits(s) to ensure that all the nominated work requirements have been satisfied; monitor general housekeeping to ensure that the site has been left in a clean and safe condition; ensure personal lockouts/tags outs/isolations are removed in accordance with procedures; communicate status of the work conducted and the results of the permit to relevant personnel; complete documentation as required and have permit signed off when job is complete
- Assessment of students’ competence is assessed by practical, written and knowledge based methods.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and wallet sized card for MSMPER200 Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit.