Operate Small Plant and Equipment - Group Bookings Only
- (RIISAM204B) Operate Small Plant and Equipment
- Students must have the language, literacy, numeracy (LLN) and physical capabilities to meet the performance criteria of this unit. (For further information or if you have any concerns regarding LLN and/or physical capabilities please contact the office)
- Students must wear standard work wear, enclosed safety shoes, long shirt and pants.
- Duration: 1 day
- Group bookings are available at your site or ours. Please contact our office on 94178888 for pricing and site requirements. Up to 10 participants per group.
This unit covers the operating of a range of small plant and equipment in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes the planning and preparation for work, the conducting of pre-operational checks, the use of the plant and/or equipment, and carrying out operator maintenance and cleaning up.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and wallet sized card for
- RIISAM204B Operate Small Plant and Equipment
It is designed for participants who are required to work with small plant and equipment (etc Concrete Cut Saws) in operational, service and maintenance and at work sites.
Face to face
Participants must have the ability to read and write English and be able to perform practical and theoretical assessment as required.
- Course introduction and enrolment
- Reference documents / legislation
- Pre-Start Inspections
- Correct Tool Selection
- Equioment Operation Techniques
- Practical exercises performed
- Assessment of students’ competence
YOU WILL BE TRAINED IN POWER SOURCES AND AT LEAST 3 OTHER CATEGORIES:
Power Sources include: generator, compressor, inverter, solar
- Compaction equipment may include: plate compactor, pedestrian roller
- Concrete equipment may include: concrete mixer, batcher, vibration, trowelling machine (helicopter)
- Excavation equipment may include: mini loader (dingo), jackhammer, posthole borer, pedestrian trencher
- Cutting equipment may include: masonry saw, construction saw, band saw
- Maintenance equipment may include: mower, brushcutter, mulcher
- Water equipment may include: pump, spear, pressure cleaner
- Lighting equipment may include: mobile lighting plant
- Lifting and materials handling pedestrian forklift, pallet trolleys, hoist
- Traffic Management may include: mobile variable message sign